This is a variation on the final piece I turned in.
I did a gear bag video last year at some point but I’ve added a few things to my kit so I thought I’d do a quick gear bag update. And before you ask, a video gear bag video is on the way!
1/12/13 UPDATE : For awhile I was experimenting with keeping the Z-finder attachment on the 5D3 (previously I had been using it exclusively with the 60D) but I’ve decided to remove it. I had wanted to use it for finer tune focusing with the 24 TS-E (a manual focus lens) but have since found that it will be easier to use a regular LCD loupe for that purpose (just purchased this guy). The Z-finder will go back onto the 60D until I get around to purchasing the 3.2″ Z-finder frame.
I recently had the pleasure of working with Seattle based company, Dinosaur Takeout, on a promotional video. Dinosaur Takeout is a unique concept – fresh, locally sourced meal kits delivered to your home or office, ready for three-step assembly whenever you want it. If you’re in the Seattle area I’d definitely recommend checking them out!
Want to be my neighbor? This gorgeous Craftsman is just around the corner from my house!
I told you I’d let you know here first and so here it is: Lighting for Real Estate Photography is open and ready for sales!
We’ve worked with an AMAZING team over at Giant Seattle to help us get the website up and running and they beat our deadline by THREE WEEKS! If you’re ever in need of a good website developer/designer please give Chris a shout. I really can’t say enough great things about working with him.
Please note that we ARE still running the Lighting for Real Estate Photography video giveaway and you can still enter until February 15th (5:00 pm PST). We’re getting some great entries and I can’t wait to share them with you!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a great weekend everyone!!
For us, success means making a difference in the industry. We think that the ideal person to receive this subscription is someone who is poised to take their photography to the next level. Talk to us! Tell us what your day to day challenges are. Tell us what you want to improve in your photography. Tell us how the Lighting for Real Estate Photography subscription help? Easy, right? Here’s the catch.
Since this is a video series all entries must be in the form of a video. Don’t be scared. Be creative! Almost everyone these days has a video camera whether it’s the Canon 5d2, your iPhone or even a webcam. Just be creative with it. Give us something that will make us remember you!
Here are the official rules:
1) Video should be 30-60 seconds. Much longer and we probably won’t make it to the end.
2) Video must be uploaded as a public video to YouTube with the following keywords: “Lighting for Real Estate Photography”, “Video giveaway”
3) Link to the video must be emailed to email@example.com. Links left in the comments section of the blog may or may not be noticed. Please email.
4) Entry must be uploaded and link emailed to us by February 15, 2012, 5:00 pm PST.
5) Send us your name, website, and email address in your email with your entry. Your log in to the videos is with your email address so please send a real email address. In return I promise not to share or sell it to anyone.
6) By entering this contest you agree to let us (Malia Campbell Photography, Scott Hargis Photo) use your video entry to help promote our series.
Okay that’s enough fine print. We’ll announce the winners at 9:00 am PST on Launch Day (scheduled for March 1st. If we launch early you’ll be notified early). Go shoot! Be creative! We’re looking forward to
hearing from seeing you!